A deeper dive into self improvement
There is tonnes of self-improvement advice on the internet.
But most of it isn’t remotely scientific.
Effective Living is a deeper dive into the reason and evidence behind self-improvement.
If you’re interested in less clickbait, and more analysis, subscribe for updates.
Learn useful things faster. And remember more of everything you learn.
Evidence-based ways of sustainably increasing your happiness.
Do more in less time.
Work smarter so you can reach your goals faster.
Make health and fitness sustainable, rather than chasing the latest fads.
Earn more, waste less. And use your money to effectively support your other goals.
What does Effective Living mean?
- Effective Living is the things that tend to make life better for most people. We’re all different, but we’re also all human, and so there are some things that most people want 👍.
- Most of us want to be happier, healthier, more productive, smarter, and wealthier 📈. So those are the topics I cover.
- We figure out some of this stuff as we go along. But life isn’t long enough to learn all the lessons for ourselves ⏳. We’re often too busy to take a systematic approach, and a lot of the information is conflicting. That’s where this site comes in.
- You can think of it as all the things you wish you’d known earlier ✅.
Read more about Effective Living
What’s different about this site?
- A lot of self-improvement advice is about ‘life hacks’ that don’t change much. I focus on things that make a big difference 💪
- I investigate the research – rather than linking to questionable papers to make it look scientific 🔎
- I try to be honest about uncertainty – if I don’t think it’s going to ‘change your life’, I won’t say that ⚖️
- I won’t send you emails full of ‘clever’ quotes that won’t make a jot of difference to your life – it’s all about things you can actually change 💥
Read more on what I do differently